Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tuesday Treat: Russell Stover House Blend Coffee Big Bite


Look at this gorgeous monster. It's just a huge slab of candy, waiting to be nibbled at for an hour. It's covered in dark chocolate (and has that deep chocolate smell when you open it). The center is a solid plank of coffee ... something. It's almost like a fresh fudge texture, with that melt-in-your-mouth creamy-jelly consistency.

This isn't nearly as sweet as you might expect (apparently there's a cappucino one with more light creaminess), and the whole thing is overwhelmingly dark and rich. This would go great with a tiny dish of plain vanilla ice cream, or broken up over it. I've only had two tiny bites so far, and my whole mouth is full of coffee and dark chocolate. I'm even okay with the huge calorie count (300, or 4 Cinnamon Bun Oreos), since I can't imagine eating all of this in one sitting.

I love coffee-flavored candy (honestly, I love coffee-flavored ANYTHING), and I don't know why I hadn't seen this on shelves before. It's exactly what I want from coffee candy. My only complaint would be that, like the Coffee Nut M & Ms (which I also adore), there's no caffeine content listed on the package. I'm typing this a little before bedtime, and I don't think 1/3 of this will keep me awake, but I don't know for sure. (I'm more likely to buy a soda if it has caffeine content listed, too.)

Once again, the Amazon cost for this is que ridicule, so feel free to patronize a local store.

No comments:

Post a Comment