Thursday, March 23, 2017

Thursday Treat: Cinnamon Sugar Cheetos Sweetos

Today, Morbo and I are trying out the Cinnamon Sugar Sweetos. These aren't new for 2017, though I think the seasonal egg shape might be. I've seen the Sweetos brand around since at least last Christmas, though I hadn't gotten around to them until now.

They're ... saltier than I expected. I know Cheetos is a savory brand, but there's almost too much savory in this blend. I like cinnamon sugar as a rule, but these are, oddly, not sweet enough for my taste. (I might prefer just dry Cinnamon Toast Crunch straight out of the box.) What's nice is the calorie count -- this decent-sized bag is just 140 calories (or two Peeps Oreos), probably because there isn't too much actual sugar.

Morbo didn't care for the texture of these, since they have the same give of most cheese puffs. (He and I agree that Cheetos are a superior snack because of the crunch, which for some reason reminded him of puny human bones.)

Still, the taste isn't unpleasant, and the egg shape is nice. I have another flavor of these to try next week, and I suspect Caramel goes better with the savory nature of these. So I'll keep you updated.

(As usual, Amazon expensive. Find local store. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment