Thursday, March 16, 2017

Thursday Treat: Hostess Shamrock CupCakes


Gollyzilla and I are enjoying a tasty one today. It's our second (and last) Saint Patrick's Day food. I've always had a soft spot for the classic Hostess CupCakes, though I only eat them about once a year. These have green icing on top, and the creamy filling is both green and minty.

When you unwrap the cupcake, you get hit with a huge whiff of mint smell, in addition to the traditional chocolate. And unlike the Peppermint Twinkie, the mint is strong enough, well-balanced with the dark chocolate of the cake. Like the classic Hostess cupcakes, it's a perfect hit of sugar delivery, 160 calories right to the sweet tooth and bloodstream.

Apparently these sold out really early most places, and I could only find one online source for it. Again, I can't vouch for this link, but if you really want to try these, you can risk your $8.00. (If you can find any in real life, I would expect to pay less than half that, of course.)

Or, you can just wait for next March, when I hope they'll be back. Just like Gollyzilla. (He -- and I -- will see you on Saturday with a potato chip review. And then we'll both fight King Kong in a summer tentpole movie in 2020.)

No comments:

Post a Comment