Friday, October 28, 2016

Maple Brown Sugar Peeps



For someone who claims to be writing about media and culture, I sure do spend a lot of time talking about food. Well, no matter.


This year, the Peeps people (Peeps peeps, I suppose) put out their three flavors from last year, plus a new retail exclusive, Maple Brown Sugar. When you open this package, it smells like you just spilled maple syrup all over your shirt. The smell alone is amazing, and the flavor combination in the actual marshmallow chick is flawless. I don't think the white fudge here is actually needed (in fact, of the four dipped Peep flavors I've tried, only the caramel apple was truly justified), but it doesn't wreck the rich, dark sweetness of these.

I know it's late in the Halloween candy-buying season, but my local Target still had quite a few of these left, so you may be in luck if you still want to try them. As I mentioned, these can only be purchased at brick-and-mortar stores, but the other three seasonal flavors are still for sale:

No comments:

Post a Comment