Monday, October 31, 2016

The Space Ghost Halloween Collection, Chapter Four

Episode the Last is from Season Four, and it's entitled "Piledriver."

The show opens with a twist on Scooby Doo, with a nice joke for the voice-chasers out there -- Zorak (originally voiced by Don Messick) is subbing in for Scooby (originally voiced by, yes, Don Messick).

Rob Zombie has a few minutes, during which he denies feasting on the flesh of humans, but most of the screentime in this episode goes to another member of Tad's family, his grampa, Leonard Ghostal. Gramps is voiced by Randy Savage, and it seems his character is an old wrestler, who showed Moltar's dad whatfor a few decades ago.

Raven-Symone brags about having met Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson. I don't wanna start rumors, but have we considered a Raven-Symone curse of some kind?

Then Zorak and Moltar enact an old-school wrestling ambush, and Grampy Space Ghost is down. They blame Raven for it, of course, and Spacey believes them. Of course.

Zorak gets his, of course, and then Grampy's ride stops by, en route to beating up Mary Hart.


As an episode of SGC2C, I rate this 3/10. I'm not much of a wrestling fan, so the unified theme of this episode doesn't do much for me. My favorite part is the 30-second opening gag. (Apparently, I'm in the minority here -- I get the impression a lot of people love this one. YMMV.)
As a Halloween show, I rate this 2/10. Scoob and the gang aren't doing anything spooky, and Raven-Symone wasn't even a psychic yet. Spacey's opening joke ("What do you get when you cross a Zombie with a Raven?") is the only Halloween-related content here. It's my fault really; I just saw Rob Zombie and assumed there might be some horror talk. I'll try to find a festive one in December to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment