Saturday, December 24, 2016

Peppermint Twinkies


Hey, look! It's my hundredth post on this-here weblog! To celebrate, let's get all sugared up!

The white fudge on the outside of these Twinkies is pretty perfect: it's got a tiny amount of crunchy shell, and a vanilla sweetness to replace what we expect from the cream (sorry, "creme") filling. The cake is pretty standard Twinkie, but the filling has some peppermint in it. Not as much as I expected, but it syncs up perfectly with the fudge and cake.

I really enjoy this one and, like the cinnamony Pumpkin Spice Twinkies, would gladly eat these year-round. It's been a fun month of junk food, and while nothing can beat those Cinnamon Roll Peeps, all six of the things I tried were fun and tasty.


I suppose I should write about junk food throughout the year, since I try a lot of the limited-time items anyway. (You need to have some of the Brazilian Picanha Lay's chips, if you can get your hands on them!) As they say, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment