Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Space Ghost Christmas Collection, Chapter Three

Episode the Third is entitled "Girl Hair," and it features Hanson. And The Tooth Fairy. And Santa.

Space Ghost has a potential Italian replacement, Zorak has some teeth, and Hanson wants to get blasted. So Space Ghost brings violence to everyone, and then takes Hanson off to buy a comb for their pretty, pretty hair.

Moltar's promoted, and so things go south pretty quickly in Tad's absence. On the way back to fix things, Spacey kills The Tooth Fairy, but pretty soon, to Moltar's delight, Santa shows up.

Well, kinda. He's bizarro Santa, and he wanted all the teeth to himself. This is ... the pottiest pre-Aqua-Teen Adult Swim thing I've seen. I can't enjoy this episode's twisted grotesqeries as much as the complete absurdity of SGC2C's midperiod, but Hanson are clearly having a lot of fun being on the show, and that's adorable and funny. (I wonder how much they enjoyed watching this episode? I mean, they like intoxicants these days, so maybe it's okay.)

Ah boom boom boom boom Santa!


As an episode of SGC2C, I rate this one 5/10. The weirdness is a leetle more than I care for.
As a Christmas show, I rate this 4/10. Santa shows up late, and he's not the jolly old elf we expect.



No comments:

Post a Comment