Friday, December 2, 2016

The Space Ghost Christmas Collection, Chapter Two

Episode the Second is entitled "Waiting For Edward," and it stars Denis Leary.

Moltar is about to destroy the Ghost Planet, and to celebrate, he's having a sale. He has a punching fight with Space Ghost, who quits fighting to host the show.

Denis gets off a few good jokes: about Celine Dion, Madonna, and his greatest fear: "Having to have my own show on prime cable." (Nope, just checked. No irony here.)

Space Ghost doesn't much care about the guest, as usual. So he wanders around, playing Zorak's synthesizer and trying on a mustache. Brak wants Melba toast. Tad boasts that he once beat up Charlton Heston "over the holidays." Then, maybe as part of the same story, he tells some kids at camp the story of how he saved Christmas. That's all.

As an episode of SGC2C, I rate this one 5/10. It's not bad, but it never quite reaches the dizzying heights the show usually hit.
As a Christmas show, I rate this one 1.5/10. This one's on me, again. I saw "Christmas" in the episode description and I just wanted to write about Space Ghost some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment