Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Pumpkin Spice Twinkies


I was going to write about these beauties back in October, but I ran out of time. Lucky for all of us, these are still in stores, even as late as today. Like Jack Skellington, they straddle the fall/winter holiday season as a whole. This is the second year Hostess have made these, and this year they also brought out a cheesecake variation that sounds good.

These are very recognizably Twinkies, with the classic foamy cake we all remember. The creamy filling has a good dose of cinnamon, though. Maybe it could use some nutmeg, some more ginger, etc. As it stands, this is the second-best seasonal treat I've had this month. (I'm still craving more Cinnamon Roll Peeps, and just stocked up at the Walgreen's.) I'm proud to be taking some to a few Christmas parties this week.

You might get lucky and find some of these on eBay at this-here link.

No comments:

Post a Comment